Jobs at Milton Hardware: Be part of our team!
Yard Associate (Part-time and full-time)
Milton Hardware and Building Supply is looking for a well-rounded, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful yard associate for full and part-time hours. Applicants are encouraged to have some prior knowledge of building supply materials. Because of the physical nature of the lumber yard, applicants must be physically fit and able to lift heavy loads.
Duties of the lumber yard include:
• Unload and receive shipments of lumber and building materials
• Assist in the organization of the lumber and accompanying materials
• Utilize heavy machinery, such as a forklift
• Communicate with the lumber counter to verify lumber and building supply counts, defects, or other issues
• Check and verify customer tickets and products
• Assist customers in loading material
• Problem-solving skills
• Knowledge to answer customer questions
• Learning the organization of the yard and product placement, as well as yard procedure
Lumber Yard Associates are required to operate saws, forklifts, and other heavy equipment while adhering to safety procedures and policies.
Weekends are required.
You can access a PDF application here:
Application for employment
Hours of Operation
Sunday: 9:00 A.M.-3:00 P.M.
Monday-Friday: 7:30 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Saturday: 8:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M.
Address: 1837 RT. 9W Milton NY 12547
Telephone: (845) 795-5467